Mackerel administration

Mackerel management l.jpg
1 / 18
0
0
632 days ago, 238 views
PowerPoint PPT Presentation
Mackerel administration. Beach front states understandings (EU, Norway, Faroe Islands) since mid 1990's Administration arrangement set up following 1999; new administration arrangement in 2008 Since 2008 all ( Northern ) EU and Norwegian mackerel fisheries ensured under MSC ? Mackerel administration is fruitful.

Presentation Transcript

Slide 1

Mackerel administration Coastal states assentions (EU, Norway, Faroe Islands) since mid 1990's Management arrange set up since 1999; new administration arrange in 2008 Since 2008 all ( Northern ) EU and Norwegian mackerel fisheries guaranteed under MSC  Mackerel administration is effective

Slide 3

Daily Egg generation per half ICES factual rectangle in period 4 (left) and period 5 (right). 2010 egg review: day by day egg creation per half ICES factual rectangle period 4 (left) and period 5 (right)

Slide 4

Conclusions most recent egg study (2010) Stock has expanded extensively Egg generation in Iceland 0.3% of aggregate Egg creation in F aroe Islands 0.7% of aggregate Total 1% of egg creation in Faroe Islands and Iceland together Distribution of the stock, specifically the nourishing zones, may change throughout the years, yet the propagation zone of the stock is not evolving

Slide 5

Quota improvement since 2004

Slide 6

TAC & Quota advancement since 2004

Slide 7

Faroer : 2011 share circumstance Current circumstance in Faroer

Slide 8

Faroer : 2011 catch & preparing limit The current Faroe pelagic armada is not ready to catch and process 125,000 mt standard (+25,000 tons exchanged to Russia) Therefore: countless fish vessels have been conceded a permit to catch mackerel Temporary armada expansion: Lafayette (Russian hailed and Chinese possessed handling vessel) with 2 catcher vessels (Pacific Voyager and Enterprise). The two catcher vessels are on the NEAFC boycott .

Slide 10

Faroer : 2011 catch & preparing limit The current Faroe pelagic armada is not ready to catch and process 125,000 mt amount (+ 25,000 tons exchanged to Russia) Therefore: Fleet expansion: Purse seiner (Christian I Grotinum - ex Norwegian) Fleet expansion: 3 cooler trawlers (1 Peruvian – Franziska - and 2 Icelandic). Peruvian vessel is on the NEAFC boycott. As of not long ago around 40,000 tons of mackerel have been gotten (a ton in blended fisheries with herring  outside AS Herring portion). High season for mackerel begins in the blink of an eye.

Slide 11

Faroer : 2011 quality issue Quality of the mackerel right now is exceptionally poor: an excessive amount of sustain in the mackerel and high fat substance Prices setting right now around 40% of standard Norwegian cost See pictures

Slide 15

Iceland 2011 circumstance Until 21 July around 47,000 tons of mackerel have been gotten which is 20% not exactly in same period in 2010 , regardless of expanded organization of catch limit In 2010 gets over a similar period were additionally lower than in 2009 Also in Iceland nature of the mackerel is by all accounts an issue Mackerel is on the normal littler than a year ago

Slide 16

conclusion Iceland and Faroer expanded their partake in the TAC from 5% to 46% since 2006 Faroer is uncapable in getting their quantity without anyone else's input and have opened their fishery for IUU vessels By-catch of herring in the Faroe mackerel fisheries real reason for concern (where is the portion sourced from?) Very low quality fish – low cost – influences consistent markets Mackerel stock is extremely sound yet in the event that this ravaging proceeds with it will influence the stock. Iceland's conduct with mackerel is a 100% duplicate of their past conduct with Cod Barents Sea, Shrimps NAFO, Norwegian Spring Spawning herring and Blue whiting , where the other beach front states needed to pay . Major guideline must be that Iceland and Faroe Islands won't be compensated for their wreckless and flippant conduct

Slide 17

This must be promptly halted !! Firstly by indicating resolve by EU and Norway executing prompt and successful measures against Iceland and Faroe Islands Secondly by getting them back to the transaction table to reestablish mackerel administration

Slide 18

Action arrange asked for by industry Joint explanation of Commissioner with Norwegian clergyman demonstrating purpose and cautioning of quick measures Organize quick examination visits to Iceland and Faroe Islands under the heading of NEAFC Enforcing existing NEAFC control went down by the EU and Norwegian direction on IUU If the notice is not clung to then an aggregate import boycott of a wide range of fish and fish items from Iceland and Faroer ought to be actualized Freeze increase converses with Iceland

SPONSORS