CE En 112 Engineering Drawing with CAD Application

Ce en 112 engineering drawing with cad application l.jpg
1 / 23
0
0
1246 days ago, 602 views
PowerPoint PPT Presentation
Address Outline. Presentation (1.1

Presentation Transcript

Slide 1

CE En 112 Engineering Drawing with CAD Application Chapter 1: Introduction to Graphics Communication

Slide 2

Lecture Outline Introduction (1.1 – 1.5, 1.7) What will you learn? (1.9) Drawing apparatuses (1.8) Media (1.8.2) Alphabet of lines (1.6) Scales (1.8.3 – 1.8.5) Next class Section numbers appeared here apply to Chapter 1 of Textbook (B) from Bertoline-Wiebe-Miller "Basics of Graphics Communication, 3/e)

Slide 3

After finishing this part, you will have the capacity to: Describe why the utilization of representation is a viable methods for imparting when outlining Define measures and traditions as connected to specialized drawings Describe the plan procedure Identify the imperative customary devices used to make specialized drawings Use portraying to draw lines, circles, bends, and bends Read and utilize scales Identify the sorts and thickness of the different lines in the letters in order of lines Create an outline portray utilizing pencil Identify and utilize portraying instruments Follow great hand-lettering hone

Slide 4

Introduction (1.1-1.5, 1-7) Engineers: Creative individuals who utilize specialized intends to take care of issues. They plan items, frameworks, gadgets, and structures to enhance our living conditions. (p.4) Technical Drawings: an unmistakable, exact dialect (non-verbal) utilized as a part of the plan procedure for imparting, taking care of issues, rapidly and precisely picturing articles, and leading investigations A graphical portrayal of items and structures is done utilizing freehand, mechanical, or PC strategies

Slide 5

Introduction (con't) 92% of the outline procedure is graphical The rest of the 8% is science and composed correspondence Breakdown of Engineer's opportunity Who utilizes designing illustrations? All angles incorporate representation correspondence Fig. 1.1

Slide 6

Introduction (con't) Practice Exercise 1.1 Attempt to depict the part appeared in this figure verbally to the individual situated alongside you Fig. 1.89 How simple is it to portray a section, for example, this without the utilization of illustrations?

Slide 7

Introduction (con't) A developing plan handle: Traditional: A straight, divided movement including issue distinguishing proof, preparatory thoughts, outline refinements, examination, advancement, and documentation Concurrent: A group action including coordination of the specialized and non-specialized elements of plan and assembling inside a business The CAD database turns into a correspondence medium. Fig. 1.12 Fig. 1.14 Fig. 1.15

Slide 8

What Will You Learn? (1.9) CE En 112 Manual Drafting

Slide 9

What Will You Learn? (con't) Artistic drawing versus Specialized drawing What's the distinction?

Slide 10

What Will You Learn? (con't)

Slide 11

What Will You Learn? (con't) Multiview versus Isometric Cavalier versus Bureau sideways Perspective versus Slanted

Slide 12

What Will You Learn? (con't) Drawing Conventions (1.5): ordinarily acknowledged practices, guidelines, or strategies (e.g., dashed line for concealed element) Standards (1.5): arrangement of principles that oversee how specialized drawings are spoken to (e.g., ANSI measures)

Slide 13

Drawing Tools (1.8)

Slide 14

Drawing Tools (con't) The utilization of drafting devices

Slide 15

Media (1.8.2) Media: surfaces whereupon a designer or technologist conveys graphical data. Distinctive sorts include: Tracing paper (a thin, translucent paper utilized for detail drawings) Vellum (following paper artificially treated to enhance translucency) Polyester film (straightforward, waterproof, and hard to tear, "Mylar") The American National Standard Institute (ANSI) has set up standard sheet sizes and title obstructs for media utilized as a part of specialized drawings

Slide 16

Media (con't)

Slide 17

Alphabet of Lines (1.6) Pencil Grades Line Weight Remember that Accuracy, Neatness, and Speed check in specialized drawing

Slide 18

Alphabet of lines (con't)

Slide 19

Alphabet of lines (con't)

Slide 20

Alphabet of lines (con't) AutoCAD ® Linetypes ACAD ISO arrangement lines are vast. For this class, utilize standard line sorts beginning from BORDER to PHANTOM lines. We will see these line sorts in AutoCAD.

Slide 21

Scales (1.8.3 – 1.8.5) Civil Engineering Scale

Slide 22

Scales (con't) Reading a structural designer's scale Refer to the Chapter 1 Supplement for different sorts of scales.

Slide 23

Next Manual Drafting Lecture (Jan 29) Purchase drafting apparatuses required for manual drafting bit of class on the off chance that you have not done as such Read Chapter 2 in the representation correspondence book

SPONSORS